Position: Member Services Cashier Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Department: Life Enrichment Classification: FT 100
Reports to: Director of Community Relations & Life Enrichment
Attends to member and guests needs regarding processing transactions pertaining to registration and sales of programs/classes /events. Responds to routine requests for information via phone, email or in person in a professional and courteous manner. Able to resolve emerging problems or questions that may arise in a consistent, accurate and compassionate manner. Performs additional general clerical, cashier, and administrative support duties as assigned.
· Greet members and guests.
· Handle routine financial and registration transactions for general sales of programming, services and events.
· Closes out cash drawer at the end of the shift. Counts cash and records amounts on appropriate documents according to established accounting procedures
· Schedules, maintains and performs data entry of class/program registration information within organizational computer software.
· Functions as the backup for incoming phone calls; refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
· Provides departmental administrative support when needed.
· Assists with member and guest inquiries in entrance area when needed and available.
· Ensure all transactions run smoothly and maximize customer satisfaction.
· Resolve any customer complaints, guide them and provide resolution.
Qualifications and Skills
· Associates degree or additional classes in accounting, finance or business preferred
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· 1-2 years relevant experience working in an office/business or related setting that provides customer service functions.
· Effective clerical skills, including operation of standard office equipment and knowledge of basic computer software. Ability to learn organization specific computer software to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, communication and telephone skills.
· Prior experience operating of point of sale terminal/system
· Knowledge of cash handling practices, counting back cash and the ability to reconcile a cash drawer
· Ability to work in a busy environment and handle customers while also responding to incoming calls.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com