Position: Membership Specialist Hours: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Department: Administration Classification: Full time
Reports to: Director of Finance and Human Resources
Summary: Along with providing excellent customer service, the Membership Specialist will focus on sales, renewals, retention, recruitment, tracking and reporting of information as it pertains to members of Evergreen Commons. This person will also work closely with the Accountant in regards to membership as it pertains to billing transactions, banking transactions, general ledger entries and membership statistics.
· Meet with prospective members: discuss and upsell products and services, complete enrollment process and schedule orientation.
· Accurately enter all transactions into the membership software system pertaining to member billing and member contracts.
· Oversee the membership data base as it pertains to entry, imports/exports, cleanup, tracking and custom reporting.
· Create and update custom reporting for other departments and staff as requested.
· Communicate with current members via phone, email, or letter regarding renewals, account changes, account transactions and billing matters
· Handle all sales transactions via cash, check, credit card or payment on account.
· Generate reconciling documents of POS transactions, prepare cash out reports, and assign general account information according to established accounting policies and procedures.
· Communicate clearly and professionally with members, guests and staff
· Work effectively as part of a team.
· Any additional daily tasks as assigned.
· Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance highly desired
· High School Diploma required
· 1-3 years applicable experience operating a POS cash system
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Excellent customer service skills and a genuine desire to assist members
· Knowledge of standard computer applications: Office, Excel, email
· Ability to make decisions and resolve practical problems independently
· Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of people on the phone and in person
· Friendly, outgoing and enjoy working with older adults
Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com