Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States. Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by heart disease. The good news? Heart disease can often be prevented when people make healthy choices and manage their health conditions. The Commons of Evergreen is proudly participating in American Heart Month and want to encourage people to live heart healthy lives.
You can make healthy changes to lower your risk of developing heart disease.
• 20-60 minutes of cardiovascular exercise 3-5 times per week is recommended
• Check out the classes offered here at The Commons of Evergreen each week HERE
• Eat fruits and vegetables of every color
• Choose whole grains
• Adopt a diet low in salt & saturated fat & high in unsaturated fat
• Decrease alcohol intake to no more than 1 per day
• Sign up for the next session of Healthy Habits – Diabetes PATH offered here at The Commons of Evergreen
• Maintain a normal body weight
• Avoid smoking and recreational drug use
• Know & review your risk factors with your doctor
For more questions and to get started with an exercise program, here at The Commons of Evergreen, contact one of our fitness staff.