• Prefer knowledge regarding the aging process and the physical, mental, and social needs of adults with functional disabilities.
• Prefer some exposure to working with older adults.
• Demonstrated competency in working independently and taking on delegated leadership role.
• Friendly, compassionate, and assertive personality.
• Demonstrated competence in organizing and dealing tactfully with people of all ages and personalities.
• Be able to physically lift 50# from the floor to waist and from the waist to above the head.
• Be able to physically perform a one person pivot transfer or a two person sit to stand transfer.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Assist the team to plan and implement activities designed to help the participants achieve
individualized plan of care.
• Assist participants with ADLs and personal care.
• Communicate on a one-to-one basis with participants and practice behavior acceptance.
• Facilitate group discussions and group activities.
• Work with and relate to other team members and volunteers.
• Communicate with families/caregivers regarding participant’s progress, problems, and need for follow-up at home.
• Participate in daily record keeping, documentation, and reportable observations.
• Participate with other staff on the maintenance of a safe and healthful environment in the center.
• Be aware of emergency practices and procedures.
• Participate in minimum of 6 monthly scheduled team meetings.
• Report daily concerns to milieu manager.
• Participate in care conferences on each participant when assigned.
Responsible to: Day Center Program Manager