Position Summary: Reporting to and under the direct supervision of the Director of Fitness & Wellness, this position provides group fitness instruction, monitors, and educates members on fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
• Teach scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate warm-up, exercises, stretching and cool down.
• Instruct members on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
• Prepares appropriate equipment, music and handouts for each group class.
• Assists members, answers questions, and maintains a positive exercise experience for all class participants.
• Ensures that safety standards are met and that all department, building and Commons policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Keeps management apprised of member and facility needs.
• Desired: educational background in Exercise Science, Physical Education, Health Education or related field90
• Certified Instructor (ACE, AFAA) or equivalent. Additional specialty/certifications preferred.
• Prior experience working with older adults in a group exercise setting
• Current CPR Certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of contract
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Have a high degree of energy, be physically fit and have the endurance to complete the class or group exercise with ease.
• Ability to cooperate and work well with Commons staff members
• Flexibility to teach as scheduled depending on class schedules
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must pass drug test and have a clean background.
Please submit resume and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org